This page is designed to share updates with friends and family concerning Kathleen Davey's ongoing struggle to overcome the debilitating effects she suffers from due to a cardiac arrest. Kathleen and her family appreciate your support.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Getwellbean

Friday, September 21, 2007
9/21/07
Nothing new to report. No fun, no hope, nothing.

That has to be really, really hard. I'm sorry.  

_____________________

Mike,
I check virtually everyday to see how you and your family are doing. For what it is worth, you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers. I, too, am so very sorry for the heartbreak.  

_____________________

Life is full of time and space. It is up to us to fill it with joy and meaning. No matter what.  

_____________________

Oh Mike, I continue to pray for Kathleen and her recovery. I feel your sadness, but in a different way. I, too, never dreamed we would still be where we are with Jeffrey today.I just kenw he would just bounce right back to us. I pray for your family.  

_____________________

There is hope, Mike. He is alive. He loves you. He has control Stay strong, my friend. Keri  

_____________________

There IS hope... stem cell therapy! :) You have been fantastic in researching and implementing just about every type of therapy that could possibly help Kathleen, from a neurogenic diet to the nerve stimulator to ambien usage to biofeedback. BUT, stem cell therapy hasn't been tried yet, so please do NOT abandon hope. I lurk on the websites and/or blogs of several people with brain injuries, some of them ABIs like Kathleens, others TBIs, and many of them noticed very GOOD improvements following stem cell therapy. Even the ABIs!

For one of my fave examples, check out chrisbarnes.blogharbor.com (His blog also has links to dozens of other people). I don't know Chris at all; I just enjoy reading of his progress and of course thinking good thoughts for him, as well as Kathleen and everyone else whom I read about. Call me an idealistic fool (*blush*), but I really think Kathleen would benefit from stem cells. Yes, it's kind of "late in the game", post-injury, for her to try this therapy, but it's never TOO late!! :)

Shari in San Jose  

_____________________

Post a Comment




Page Visits since 7/15/05