This page is designed to share updates with friends and family concerning Kathleen Davey's ongoing struggle to overcome the debilitating effects she suffers from due to a cardiac arrest. Kathleen and her family appreciate your support.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Getwellbean

Tuesday, April 01, 2008
3/31/08
Kathleen has gained weight the past few month and a dietitian has changed her intake. Hopefully this will make her healthier and also allow her weight to stabilize helping the caregivers.

The relationship between Kathleen and the girls has again changed. The girls now rarely talk about her, except for occasionally saying things like "I can't remember how she talked anymore." In addition, understandably yet sadly, they are no longer excited to go and give their long goodnight stories to her and now do so more infrequently. As much as I want Kathleen to hear their voices at night, I am not willing to force them to say goodnight and resent their mom. :(

Women triumphs over severe brain trauma.

It breaks my heart to read what you wrote about the girls and Kathleen, but it's to be expected, sadly. :( I hope at least you have family videos they can watch and listen to, to keep their memories of her alive from before her injury. :)

I know you probably don't have as much optimism for Kathleen's recovery as you once had, but remember the articles in recent years about people who spontaneously "woke up" after many years of minimal consciousness, and ended up having most of their personality and memories intact. I know it doesn't happen often, but it CAN happen. (You may remember me as the cockeyed optimist! *blush*)

Speaking of amazing improvements, what about stem cell therapy? I keep up with the blogs of several folks with either ABIs or TBIs, and all of them have made at least some improvements post-stem cell therapy. :)

I'll stop rambling now. I hope you have a great rest of the week!

Shari in San Jose  

_____________________

Such sad words. Always a new normal coming along.

Thinking of you,

Lorelei  

_____________________

Post a Comment




Page Visits since 7/15/05