This page is designed to share updates with friends and family concerning Kathleen Davey's ongoing struggle to overcome the debilitating effects she suffers from due to a cardiac arrest. Kathleen and her family appreciate your support.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Getwellbean

Tuesday, April 25, 2006
4/25/06
This report looks very encouraging even though the "someday" line is always a bit frustrating to see. Its about time the medical industry stops moving at a snails pace, weighs the risk reward factor and launches some new studies on willing human participants

I have been watching Kathleen's progress via this website for almost 2 years now. I am in awe of your family’s commitment to and love for Kathleen. I wish all of you the best and hope for Kathleen's recovery.

I have been struck by the frequency of the bladder infections and the repeated use of antibiotics. Do they culture a urine sample every time she has symptoms? If not, she may not have an actual infection only an irritation in the bladder due to insufficient fluid intake. I too have had repeated bladder irritations that I thought were infections. They treated me with antibiotics (2 times) even though they couldn’t really culture anything from a urine sample and my symptoms didn’t go away completely on the antibiotics. I consulted a mid-wife who recommended cranberry tablets or capsules that have bacterial anti-adherence activity. I find I have symptoms similar to a bladder infection if I don’t drink enough fluids. I get these capsules at Whole Foods Market in Cupertino, but I’m sure you can get them at any health food store. The brand I use is Solaray CranActin. Since they are capsules I am sure you could take them apart and dissolve it in water to give to Kathleen. Most importantly I find that these capsules clear all of my symptoms. The directions on the bottle recommend daily use, but I find I use them only as needed. However, given Kathleen’s situation, daily use may be better.

Maureen  

_____________________

Thanks Maureen, We have upped Kathleen's fluid intake and also started her on cranberry extract and D-Mannose which seem to be helping and we will be continuing the cranberry extract long term.  

_____________________

Post a Comment




Page Visits since 7/15/05