This page is designed to share updates with friends and family concerning Kathleen Davey's ongoing struggle to overcome the debilitating effects she suffers from due to a cardiac arrest. Kathleen and her family appreciate your support.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Getwellbean

Thursday, May 25, 2006
5/25/06
Kathleen had a doctor's appointment at Valley Med today to investigate the potential usage of some new medications which could help raise the level of her awareness. The doctor approved the usage of the new medication, but the Kaiser pharmacy refused to fill the prescription of the medicine as it wasn't used for its intended purpose of the 'off label medication.' My frustration couldn't have been more intense. Essentially Kaiser failed to take the necessary steps to prevent her cardiac arrest when the warning signs were there, and as of now refuses to help try and alleviate her condition.

I hate Kaiser! I am so sorry you have to go through this garbage. God will see you through this.  

_____________________

I don't think that God helps much here - maybe a different pharmacy ??  

_____________________

The irony of Kaiser's refusal is just sickening! :( It's times like this that I'm ashamed of them, due to the fact that I've been a Kaiser member for all of my 34 years and have had nothing but excellent treatment, service and communication from/with them. The same goes for both of my parents, both of whom have had, or currently have, some major medical conditions requiring lots of doctor visits and/or medications.

BUT I know and totally acknowledge that many people have experienced the "Mr. Hyde" side of Kaiser, versus the "Dr. Jekyll" side I only experience. I think one of the WORST Kaisers is the one in Hayward, where my Aunt goes, as do several of her friends. I have to say that almost EVERYTHING that can possibly go wrong, goes wrong at the Hayward Kaiser. It's just awful! :(

Anyhoo, as for Kathleen's new meds, you can go to another pharmacy to fill the prescription, right? I know your drug benefits are thru Kaiser, but that doesn't prevent you (or any Kaiser member) from filling something at a drugstore, or even online. I would think? Of course, the downside is that you'll have to pay 100% of the price, since it won't be part of your healthplan benefits. UGH!!

Good thoughts are, as always, being sent your and Kathleen's way! :) And I mean that with sincerity! (Sorry for my ramblings; I only recently got up and am recovering from serious sleep-deprivation this week).

Shari in San Jose  

_____________________

My question is if donations to the GIF would help pay for this medicine for Kathleen? I assume if you could fill the prescription elsewhere, it is very expensive and I would like to help. Best wishes for your continued strength dealing with a medical center that is supposed to help and is doing the opposite.

I also wonder if you could go higher up in the pharmacy hierarchy to try to get it filled there? Is there anyone at Kaiser that has been an allie who could help?  

_____________________

I am going to fill the prescription one way or another. Most drugs are now available on the internet too. I would like to go through Kaiser as the benefits reduce cost, but I cannot use GIF funds for that. The GIF is completely independent of Kathleen.  

_____________________

Post a Comment




Page Visits since 7/15/05