This page is designed to share updates with friends and family concerning Kathleen Davey's ongoing struggle to overcome the debilitating effects she suffers from due to a cardiac arrest. Kathleen and her family appreciate your support.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Getwellbean

Tuesday, November 07, 2006
11.7.06
Kathleen has been doing well. Nothing significant to report.

The GIF management team is working with fundraising and slogan ideas. Feel free to post ideas here.

Hi Mike,

GIF is exactly what I envisioned to create when the whole tragedy happened to Chris. You know there is no such organization specifically geared towards this type of injury. And because the number of people “rescued”, revived and kept alive with developing medical technology will only increase, a more effective approach and more medical advances must be made to help this type of brain injury. I think I have shared some of this with you when I first spoke with you. It is frustrating because there are no known and proven options for anoxic brain injury to the extent Kathleen and Chris suffered but clearly I believe there is a future “cure” or I truly believe more research must be made to understand better the brain.

I am lucky to have an amazing network of friends who rallied around Chris and I. They have done amazing fundraising events to help with Chris’ recovery. Again, everything my friends have done benefit Chris exclusively… And something like GIF was my idea of how the greater community could benefit… When I was thinking of a GIF type organization, I always envisioned funding it from the corporate, governmental, endowments world. I think the level of funding required to support research and progress in so much higher than what any fundraiser on a individual level can achieve…

I had started to research and list company’s “Corporate Giving Policies” starting with every firm where I have a friend, or a connection, so that I would have an insider that could put the proposal in front of the appropriate department. I can email you some of the corporates whose giving policy could encompass donations to such organizations as GIF. But, the process is painful, they have many requirements and the application process a bit cumbersome. But I would be happy to get involved with you in fund raising for GIF.

Let’s talk about it. I would love to help in any way I can.

Koo Cho  

_____________________

At least having nothing significant to report about Kathleen is better than having bad news to report! (That's me, always the optimist.)

Speaking of which, as you probably know, it was just made public that the SENATE has now swung to a Democratic majority, just like the HOUSE did yesterday! :) :)

All I can say is, it's about time that some liberal, open-minded and open-hearted folks will be able to stand up to the awful Bush and stop him from further trashing our country with his selfish, conservative agendas! (Can you tell what my political party is?)

Hopefully stem cell research will be one of the many things to change for the BETTER, now that Congress has changed. :)
- Shari  

_____________________

Post a Comment




Page Visits since 7/15/05