This page is designed to share updates with friends and family concerning Kathleen Davey's ongoing struggle to overcome the debilitating effects she suffers from due to a cardiac arrest. Kathleen and her family appreciate your support.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Getwellbean

Saturday, May 19, 2007
5/19/07
Kathleen threw up several times yesterday and had more problems with caregivers today. Thankfully, her wonderful respiratory therapist came to check on her and she seems to be doing okay.

Mike, I continue to pray for Kathleen. Have ya'll thought of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. We did that with Jeffrey last summer and it seemed to help him with his spasticity and he seemed more cognitive. Jeffrey cannot speak or see, but he does answer with blinks, so we go from there. God is good .... all the time.  

_____________________

I will never understand your comment about "God is good...all the time." I see it written on this site so many times, and in all honesty, I just don't understand your feeling that way. I've seen too much suffering. My husband recently died. He, too, was in a vegetative state for over a year. God is good??? Look at your situation; look at Kathleen's situation -- and -- so many others! I realize it is so important to have faith, BUT, come on....!  

_____________________

Don't bring the negative energy into the Davey family by arguing here. God is good really, all the time, BUT that saying does have to go. It's really annoying.  

_____________________

Regarding your statement to my email....Who is arguing?????  

_____________________

Oh come on people...This is neither the time or the place. That is her belief and I see nothing wrong with that so don't turn this place of hope into a debate blog.

This is a place to talk about Kathleen's progress, not a debate blog on beliefs so out of respect of the Davey family, let's keep it that way...  

_____________________

Yes, Charlene's entitled to her belief, but then so are the rest of us. I do not believe in ANY so-called "good all the time" Deity who would allow such atrocities like the Holocaust, or the life-ruining sexual abuse of innocent children (including those of a good friend!), or the prisoner-in-your-own-body brain injuries like Kathleen and Jeffrey. I wish I had the denial and blind faith that carries people like Charlene through life... it must be VERY comforting. And I say that sincerely, not mockingly! However, I am firmly grounded in reality and truth, not faith or myth. So please, let's not keep hearing the "God is good" mantra "...all the time"! Thanks  

_____________________

Post a Comment




Page Visits since 7/15/05