This page is designed to share updates with friends and family concerning Kathleen Davey's ongoing struggle to overcome the debilitating effects she suffers from due to a cardiac arrest. Kathleen and her family appreciate your support.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Getwellbean

Saturday, June 24, 2006
6/24/06
Today's Ramble:
Sometimes I'm glad I don't have the time to sit around and wonder. Driving back and forth between softball tournaments and basketball camp, answering emails from students complaining about grades and gently being told my schedule wont work out for next year. Pretending that these little things matter keeps me going and makes me sick at the same time. Really, only family, love, and your soul matter. It hurts so much to watch your most loved gasp for air and fight everyday just to survive and it makes me sick to actually be concerned about other mundane tasks and meaningless battles. Those are battles which I have more control over, but in the end mean nothing. I wonder, what if? :(

Kathleen's oxygen has been slowly declining since she threw up the other day and the family worries about another bout with pneumonia.

I will continue to pray for Kathleen. My 33 yr old son, Jeffrey has an anoxic brain injury and it is very difficult to watch my once strong and healthy son be so helpless, and wonder what life will throw next, but I know my God is good, and He is healing him. It will be in God's time, not mine. I would like to be, but I am so glad God does not have me in charge.
God is good .... all the time. Charlene  

_____________________

I visit Kathleen's page every day...sometimes more than once a day. My husband and I are very close...best friends, high school sweethearts...soul mates. I can only imagine what you're going through.

I visit Kathleen's page as a reminder on how not to take things for granted. Please know that you are SUCH an inspiration to us all, Mike! And although it may not seem like it, we are there with you. You are and will always be in our thoughts - daily...  

_____________________

Thinking of you, Kathleen, your children and this journey. I do think about you everyday. I know that there are many of us stopping in to reflect on your family each day and wishing we could make things as they were before.

It is funny how we train our lives to the mundane. Each day can easily revolve around these menaingless tasks when the heart of life has nothing to do with this.

Thank you for pointing that out today.  

_____________________

I have never met Kathleen, you or any of her friends/family members yet I am drawn to Kathleen's site to see her updates almost daily. You are in inspiration and an example of what true love is all about. Although I don't know Kathleen, she is always in my thoughts and I hope for a brighter future for Kathleen. Hang in there and wishing for all the best to come.  

_____________________

Post a Comment




Page Visits since 7/15/05