This page is designed to share updates with friends and family concerning Kathleen Davey's ongoing struggle to overcome the debilitating effects she suffers from due to a cardiac arrest. Kathleen and her family appreciate your support.

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates

Getwellbean

Friday, July 07, 2006
7/6/06
Kathleen is 40. What an agonizing day for Bean and the family. The past 2 1/2 years have brought me even more respect for my wife whose courage and determination are clearly evident on a daily basis. Still, its so hard for her and the family both. I have such tremendous admiration for single parents since I now know how hard it can be on both the parents and the children. Thank you to everyone who continues to reach out to Kathleen and our family and wish us the best. It may not seem like you've done much to help, but every letter, note, and call means the world. I wish the president, whose birthday present to Kathleen was a renewed vow to veto the stem cell bill which will pass the senate soon, had something nice to add.

Kathleen ended the day by going to dinner at Left at Albuquerque's with the family where the girls unveiled beautiful cards they had made for their mother. Then after Kathleen returned home and fell asleep, Mike surprised the girls by taking them to a midnight showing of Pirates of the Caribbean.

I thought of Bean all day.
There are no words to express all of the emotions that I have felt over the past few days, thinking of Bean's milestone birthday, you and the girls... and the family. Just know that you are all in my constant thoughts and prayers. BTW, Ken sang "happy birthday, bean" and drew some pictures for her. We'll drop them off this weekend. ~ jane  

_____________________

My heart and prayers go out to Kathleen,and family. Milestones are the most difficult. I know when Jeffrey's children hit certain milestones, his 2 little ones graduating from kindergarten, his son starting middle school,etc, it is with sad heart that we attend these gatherings. The children want their daddy there, but it is difficult. You all sound so wonderful and seem to have such a great support group. your children are blessed to have such an awsome dad. How thoughtful of you the things you do. It is obvious that ya'll are a wonderfully knit family. God is good. He is healing Kathleen.  

_____________________

I have been following Kathleens progress. Your families story has touched me as I have also been the caregiver of two family members with neurologically devastating injuries. A prayer that I say to myself on my bad days:

St. Theresa's Prayer:

May today there be peace within.

May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.

May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be content knowing you are a child of God...

Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.

It is there for each and every one of us.

God Bless.  

_____________________

Happy birthday to Kathleen! Her B-Day is one day before that of my grandma, who is no longer with us. But Kathleen still is very much with you!! I believe she knew it was her B-Day, and knows more that anyone can tell. :) Perhaps she'll be able to prove it soon.

In the meantime, it's always encouraging to read the news articles about people in minimally conscious states who recover -- even years later. I know I'm an total idealist, but even in dreary situations, I refuse to give up HOPE! :)

Shari  

_____________________

Post a Comment




Page Visits since 7/15/05